Workshop - LCD on Writing for the Web : Lunch, Connect and Develop
About this Event
LCD on Writing for the Web : Lunch, Connect and Develop
Thu, November 21, 2019 11:00 AM 2:00 PM CET
Author Rudyard Kipling said that words are the most powerful drug used by mankind. Conversations are the best, biggest thing that web writing has to offer to both writers and readers. In times where AI is coming to replace humans at work, good human writing is more valuable than ever. Web + Words = Impact!
Hi, my name is Manuel, and I am the founder of BigKids, a new content design agency based in Brussels. As a part of our services offer, I am happy to announce the first "Lunch, Connect and Develop" (LCD) on Writing for the Web.
In an LCD, we learn by creating connections among participants, holding discussions, collectively seeing what is emerging in the world of web writing.
In this first lunch, I will walk with you, hand in hand, on a journey towards using words to achieve professional objectives because everybody can learn to write well or, in any case, can improve ones writing skills. So, let's fill up a room with people who want to sharpen their web writing skills!
Who is this workshop for?
This is a beginners course. Potential participants:
- Someone who is exploring the idea to start a blog.
- Someone in a transition towards working in web communications.
- Web editors in a small company who are trying to refresh their comm strategy and who want to include text and blogging in the mix and are looking for new foundations.
- Someone who writes and who would like to improve their productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
After this training participants will be able to:
- Improve their professional writing process. What are the different phases that I could go through as a writer to draft a text?
- Discover new ways to do research on audience needs.
- Understand how people read on websites and mobile devices and how this is different from print.
- Discover the Signposts. How to fully benefit from the resources that the web offers you as writer/editor. bullets, links, catchy headline, headings, CTA
- An introduction to narratives and storytelling
- Key trends on the future of web writing: content design, userneeds, jobstories, ux writing, content strategies,connected content, micromoments
content design, userneeds, jobstories, ux writing, content strategies,
10:00 - 10:30 Introduction and ice breaking
10:30 - 12:00 Theory part 1
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch: an interactive conversation
13:00 - 15:00 Practice: Intro to design research and writing "User Stories"
Sources and Books
Content Design. Sarah Richards
Killer Web Content. Gerry McGovern
Content Strategies for the Web. Kristina Halvorson
Designing Connected Content. Mike Atherton. Carrie Hane
67 Euro per person per lunch (VAT not included)
Lunch and drinks at the venue are included. Vegan, healthy and delicious
Number of people: 8
Training will be in English
More info and tickets here. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lcd-lunch-on-writing-for-the-web-tickets-74696297637
For all upcoming workshops visit: https://www.eventbrite.com/o/bigkids-12016058717