Climate Action Network Europe is looking for 2
CAN Europe, Europe's largest coalition working on climate and energy issues, is currently seeking two experienced and dynamic Communication Coordinator to join our team. These positions will offer the successful candidate an opportunity to be at the center of the largest movement for global change that will affect people and the planet for centuries to come.
The communication coordinator will be a part of CAN Europes communications team, and should be experienced in developing communications strategies, narratives and key messages for advocacy and campaign work, and content creation for the communications products.
Required Educational/professional qualifications:
● Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience, preferably in communications, journalism/press or media relations;
● University degree or equivalent qualification preferably in communications, journalism or public relations;
● Working knowledge of EU institutions and processes, and in particular of climate, energy and environment policy;
● Excellent level of written and spoken English; additional EU languages considered an asset.
● Experience of working with NGOs and in the climate and energy fields are considered as important assets.
Experience, skills and abilities
● Experience writing, editing and proofreading in English, with a proven ability to manage the production of various types of high quality print and digital media products;
● Demonstrable experience of using digital and social media to achieve campaign/advocacy objectives;
● Ability to prioritise and manage diverse tasks, meeting deadlines while maintaining high editorial standards;
● A good team player, flexible, coupled with ability to be self-reliant and self-disciplined, and use ones own initiative and to generate new communication ideas;
● Solid grounding in Microsoft Office applications, as well as tools such as CANVA, WordPress, Miro and Mailchimp;
● Experience working in a network; internal communication skills desirable;
● Knowledge of, and existing base of contacts with European news media is an important asset.
Main duties will include:
● Responsible for external communications;
● Writing, editing and dissemination of press releases and other documents, responding to media enquiries;
● Leading on communications plans in key policy moments while supporting the development of narratives.
● Organising production and editing of paper and digital publications; liaising with policy officers to generate online web articles;
● Manage content and updates to the website ( www.caneurope.org );
● Maintain a contact databases of experts and journalists;
● Descriptive reporting to funding organisations;
● Develop/liaise and maintain contacts with the media
CAN Europe is offering 2 positions:
● 1 open-ended contract, with base in Belgium and a projected salary between 3000EUR and 4165 Euro gross/month depending on the years of relevant experience (from 0 to 20 years) and subject to Belgian taxes. Meal vouchers (7EUR), transport costs, eco and culture vouchers and teleworking allowance are also part of the salary package.
● 1 contract until the end of December 2022, with a flexible location.
To apply, please send your CV and a motivation letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communication Coordinator as the subject line. In case you know which of the two positions is your preferred one, please indicate that in your email.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 12 January 5pm (Brussels time)
First round of Interviews preferably between 17 and 21 January (online)
Second round of interviews between 24 and 28 January 2022 (online)
Expected start date: as soon as possible thereafter